Alexander Kai

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gabriel Ryan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Benjamin Tyler

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Passport Office Employees Suck!

So, for those of you who know. A few years ago like RIGHT before David and I got married, we had our marriage license, his birth certificate, my Citizenship Certificate and other important information in a file folder so that everything will be easy to grab and all be put in one place. Anyway I'm not sure HOW it happened, but I must have thrown it away, with that junk mail that was piled on top of it. Anyway now David has HUGE Identity theft and it's been a pain trying to get that taken care of. (THATS another story on why I hate Bank of America). So David's birth certificate, and our marriage license were replaced. I had to re order my certificate (Since I was born in Nicaragua, and came to the U.S when I was like 6 or 9 months old, I could never remember). That certificate would take about a year to arrive and cost over $200 to replace! Well by the time it was due to come, we had moved from California to Arizona, so they mailed it out and it went to California AFTER I gave them my new address! Ugh! So I called a few months ago to figure out where it went, and they said it was never returned to them, and I have to order a new one! UGH! At least I dont have to pay for it again! The cost went up to over $300! Yikes! Anyway AZ state law is requiring all employees to have proof of citizenship as on January 1, 2008. So I called the INS and they told me that if I had my dad come with me and be my identifying witness to my U.S Citizenship I could get my passport. So we both took Wednesday off and made the long long drive to Los Angeles (since that is the closest passport office to us. They have like a million passport acceptance offices all over the place, but with my special circumstance I had to go to an actual office!) Anyway we get there and they tell me that the 4 different people I talked to on 4 different days had given us wrong information! So we pretty much drove all the was to Los Angeles, and back to Tolleson in one day! That was over 750 miles!!!!!! So now I have to go to the INS office, and get a letter that says I am a legal citizen and that is all I need! UGH! The INS office is like 30 minutes from my house! I could use that letter for my employment, and my dad and I could have saved our days off for something fun like gettin a root canal or something! Dumb passport lady kept contradicting herself too! She said "We dont have access to the INS files, to look up citizenship information." then like a few minutes later she said "If this is a life or death situation we could look up your information on the INS database!" UGH!!!! Why do people make everything harder than it should be? People suck! )o:

8 comments:

Sam said...

that is SO FRUSTRATING Tania, I am so sorry!!! It's so annoying when the information keeps getting changed and making it all more difficult for you - UGH, I would have been mad too.

I didn't know poor Dave was having identity theft problems, that sucks! I hope it all gets worked out soon =o(

Tania said...

Yeah apparently someone opened up an $8000 Bank Of America Credit card in his name in Stockton, CA. And was paying on it for like a year and a half until they decided it was dumb for them to keep paying it since it wasn't their credit anyways. So for like 2 years it went derogatory, and we didn't find out until after we moved to AZ. So hopefully it gets fixed ASAP!!!!!!!! So if you haven't checked on Freecreditreport.com, I HIGHT recommend you do! Jerk identity theft-ers!

Sam said...

thanks, we'll do that!

Sue said...

WOW Tania . . . what an ORDEAL, even if it HAD worked . . . to make you drive clear to downtown Los Angeles from ARIZONA?!?!???? Then to do all that, only to to have them say "oopsie . . . my bad, you didn't need to come here". GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR . . . how FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!

Does this make you not want to come out AGAIN tomorrow?!?!??? =o(

Matt said...

You actually have the right to get your credit report, completely free, at least once a year. (Twice a year if you live in Georgia!)

www.annualcreditreport.com

Tania said...

No, I WANT to go to California and see people who don't anger me with their stupidity! I love seeing my family! (o: I can't wait to go on the Carriage ride with everyone!! Alex is going to LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Sue said...

YAY!!!! We are SOOOO excited that you guys are coming out!!! =o)

Michelle said...

Oh man! What a pain! Makes me want to find a good spot for my important documents, cause really, I'm not sure where they are right now... And I can't believe you had to drive all the way to LA!!! Yuck! Especially since you really didn't have to!