Alexander Kai

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gabriel Ryan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Benjamin Tyler

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Here we go again!

So I've started this pregnancy with all sorts of weirdo crap. UTI's, potential kidney problems where I needed to get a renal ultrasound. More UTI's. Now for the past few weeks if I walk too much or stand up for long periods of time my right leg starts to swell on the lower part. So I mentioned it to my doctor and she was like "What?! Why didn't you bring this up sooner?! It could be DVT (deep vein thrombosis) which I believe is what Michelle had and what Matt has! I remember my leg swelling towards the end of my pregnancy with Alex, but my doctor wasn't concerned about it at all and said I should just lay on the opposite side and it would be ok. Anyway now I have to go back to the doctors tomorrow and get an ultrasound on my right leg to rule out DVT. She was telling me that I need to rest my leg as much as possible, and when I sit to elevate my leg. Also to try not to walk around for long periods of time! (haha I guess Sea World wasn't a good idea! LOL opps) So we'll see what happens tomorrow! (o:

Oh yeah the baby looks perfect! His heartbeat was 154bpm, and is about 2-2.5lbs right now. I also am down 25 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. Which I can't see at all! Random. So my thyroid will be tested too. I also had my 1 hour glucose test done today. The drink wasn't bad this time! Tasted like fruit punch with extra sugar. I remember the one I drank with Alex was fizzy orange crap lol So this wasn't too bad. I also failed my 1 hr glucose test when I was pregnant with Alex, and had to take the 3 hour test! GAG! So hopefully I pass this test this time! (o: I also start going every 2 weeks already! So I go back July 22nd, and every 2 weeks until I'm 35 weeks then every week. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going! (o:

Alex says he wants to buy Gabe "Pajamas and a little hat!" So I'm thinking I'm going to let him pick one out for Gabe and have it be his coming home outfit. (o: He also asked me yesterday in a very serious tone "Mama why did you eat my brother!?" lol I about died laughing! Crazy kid! He says the funniest things sometimes.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL! "Why did you eat my brother?" Ok, I can't believe you might have a DVT! That sounded a lot like how mine started, but it got worse before I finally told someone. I just thought that it was swelling because I was pregnant! I sure hope everything is ok!! Keep us posted!

Tania said...

Michelle, did you leg kinda tingle if you stood for long periods of time? Mine does that, and then if I sit down it goes away after a few minutes, but then my leg swells!

Sue said...

Oh MAN, Tania . . . how SCARY!!! What a good thing you did think to mention it to the doctor even though you thought it was a nothing . . . Now they can check to see what is going on . . . You will be in our prayers, and now I feel bad for that LLLOOONNNGGGGG day spent tramping all over Sea World . . .

LOL Alex is SO funny . . . I love the eating baby comment AND his wanting to buy the baby a hat and pjs . . . too cute . . .

Does he ask about or miss little Mark? Or is he glad to have his 'space' back (and not have to share his toys anymore)? Mark has talked about him and you guys and even Nana and Poppa (like I mentioned on the family website). He obviously felt VERY loved there . . . he loves you guys . . .

Hope the doctors find out what is going on and can put your mind at rest or fix it . . .

Please keep us posted . . .

Natalee said...

Oh geez Tania!

So the truth is you THINK you have easy pregnancies but really you have all kinds of HIDDEN problems. LOL!

Hopefully you get some answers soon. And hopefully they are answers you WANT to hear.

Tania said...

haha Natalee I guess so!!

I went and had my ultrasound today, and am just waiting to hear from my doctor. So I'll post once I know! (o:

No, Sue Alex hasn't asked about Mark once! He did tell me to take the bed out of his room! LOL He DOES ask about Aunt Sara and Uncle Matt all the time though! Maybe because he didnt spend very much time with them.