Alexander Kai

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gabriel Ryan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Benjamin Tyler

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What happens when you mix a crazy wind storm + rain + thunder?

You get this!


On Monday night the wind and rain knocked over the tree in front of my mom's house! It was so lucky that it fell that way instead of towards the driveway where Jenniffer's car would have been parked! OR that it didn't hit the HOUSE! That would have been a disaster! So now a gardener is coming over and chopping it up and getting rid of their fabulous shade tree.

Alex was devastated and started to cry when he say it "Mama, the birds are going to be so sad! Where are they going to sleep?". My sweet boy was worried about the birds and their nests. So I pointed out a few other trees near by and told them they could sleep in any of those trees. And he said "Moving sucks!" LOL That seriously surprised me and cracked me up at the same time! Crazy kid!

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

That is crazy...ya no more visits to AZ for me! I will keep my earthquakes. They don't take out trees..er well not yet!

Michelle said...

Moving sucks! LOL That's hilarious. But not so hilarious about the tree...yikes! Glad no one and nothing was hurt!

Jennifer said...

Ugggg I hate that I cant read your posts. It only shows me pictures... I dont know why.

Tania said...

That's weird Jenn! I dont know why!

Sam said...

I love the 'moving sucks' comment... too hilarious. Does he remember moving? I was trying to remember how long ago it was that you guys moved into your current house (like if he'd remember)... but I can't.

Still sad about your parents tree though! Good shade trees are way needed out your way too!

Tania said...

We moved in October of 2007. He was like 1 1/2 so I doubt he remembers. I think he hears David say we're never moving because "Moving sucks" LOL

Sue said...

WOW . . . That IS lucky that it fell so it landed in the yard, not on a car, not on the house . . . Is that in their backyard?!?

It sucks to lose a shade tree . . . ESPECIALLY there in the catbox state . . . ;o)

Did you feel last Sunday's earthquake, Kim? That was one of the strongest I have felt . . . and I have felt A LOT of them . . . I guess every place has something that can go wrong . . . some way for mother nature to keep you on your toes . . .

LOL @ 'moving sucks' . . . but what a compassionate little guy to worry about where the birds would live now . . . How SWEET!!!

Tania said...

She did feel the earthquake Sue, she warned me about them. So I told her I was suddenly too ill to go to CA because of the frequent (ok 2 lol) earthquakes!

This was in their front yard Sue.