Alexander Kai

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gabriel Ryan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Benjamin Tyler

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Feeling Left Out is The Worst!

I feel so bad for some of the "un-cool" kids in my class! Whenever we have P.E or have to pick groups, they are either picked last or are left without a group! I HATE that! I would always let the kids pick their own teams and groups so that they could work with their friends if they wanted to. Then I started to notice that the same kids were being left out. So *I* assigned them groups to work with, and arranged my seating chart so that the friends arent seating next to each other. And they are forced to be around other kids.

Teaching reminds me a lot of when I was in elementary school! Some things never change. There will always be the cool kids, the nerdy kids, the sporty kids. And the left out kids. I was fortunate to never have experienced being left out at school. But now as an adult I sometimes feel that with family and friends. It sucks! LOL So I feel for my poor little "Left out" kids!!!!

3 comments:

Sam said...

oh sad Tania, that is hard... good for you, for trying to mix up the groups a little bit!

Michelle said...

Oh sad...brings me back to school days... I'm glad you are looking out for the quiet/lonely kiddos!! I bet their parents appreciate it and so do they!

Sue said...

=o( That is SO sad . . . those kids will remember that for the rest of their lives. I love that you are 'shaking things up' a bit, and making sure that people sit by (and are kind of forced to get to know) a bigger variety of people in class, as opposed to JUST their friends. That will be a blessing for EVERYBODY in class . . . perhaps they will learn early in life that everybody has something worth sharing . . .

GOOD JOB, Tania!!!! =o)