Alexander Kai

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gabriel Ryan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Benjamin Tyler

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 25, 2008

School News

I wasn't going to teach Saturday school this year, because I wanted to hang out at home with David and Alex! But Vice Principals sure know how to make you feel bad and convince you to do stuff lol So I was talked into teaching Saturday School. Its only for 6 weeks, so it shouldn't be a big deal right? Anyway I was given the choice of 2nd, 5th, 6th, or 8th grade. I decided I sure didn't want MY own kids 6 days in a row. So 5th and 6th grades were out of the question. The 8th graders are way too moody and annoying so I didn't want them brats either. So I chose the cute 2nd graders! Hopefully that was a good idea! LOL Well either way we get paid extra for teaching Saturday school, so that will go into my dream car fund (which is a Tahoe!) And it's only for 4 hours so no biggie right?? Right??

P.S Saturday School isn't like weekend detention which is what *I* first thought when I heard it lol its extra help, and games for kids who NEED to come, and kids who WANT to come. You could teach in any style you want. I'm going to play games, and make it more interesting for them I hope. We'll have competitions, and teams and hopefully it will be fun! (o: If you have any ideas, throw them my way! (o:

Oh yeah on another note, there are about 6 teachers leaving this year, either moving out of AZ, or going on maternity leave etc. Anyway I was told that I could pick to teach whatever grade I want next year. I could pick Kindergarten, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th or 8th . If I like my 2nd grade class during Saturday school, I'll teach 2nd grade next year. I'm excited! (o:

3 comments:

Sam said...

Tania that is SO COOL!!!

Second graders seem like they would be SO CUTE... that's the 'reading level' of those fairy books that Ash is so into right now (well okay, they are like 2nd-3rd grade) - so kids who read fairy books still have to be adorable and little, right?

I hope Saturday school is fun - playing games with cute 7 year olds for 4 hours sounds like it would be a blast, I hope it works out that way!!!

I taught kids around that age for church before, and they LOVED it when they felt like 'they' were sort of in charge of what was happening - so I let them make some 'rules' at the begining of the year, and then one of their rules was that they wanted to play games every week - so as long as we got through the 'lesson' part, we did a game... and of course the games were all ones I made to teach some aspect of the lesson and reinforce it all, but we CALLED them 'games' and the kids absolutley LOVED it - and they were SO GOOD for the lessons, knowing that we only did a game if we did that part first and they were good.

Sue said...

I am sure it DOES feel like a sacrifice to give up half a day with your sweetie and son . . . but it really IS a great opportunity for you to 'try on' a different age group. Kind of a drive before you buy kinda thing! ;o) That is crazy though . . . SIX teachers?!?!? Is that six at your school? Or six in the school district? Kinda nice to have a choice, huh?

I hope you enjoy it (when does the six week period begin and end? is it every saturday for six weeks or every other saturday?) AND that it helps you decide what age group you would like to switch to next year (or it may make you appreciate the age group you already have!)

Good luck!!!! =o)

Natalee said...

Second grade seems like just the right age! Hopfeully it turns out great so you can teach them next year! Good Luck!