Alexander Kai

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gabriel Ryan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Benjamin Tyler

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 29, 2008

Stupid Power!

We had a HUGE monsoon last night where the power went out in a lot of areas. We luckily didn't have a power outage at our house! That would have been horrible! No A/C!! Anyway so I get to school this morning, and all the teachers are standing outside. I was like "What is going on?" and they say, "No power, no school today!" I was ELATED!!!!! So the kids that were here, we had to call their parents to tell them to come and pick up their kids, that we don't have power. So like 20 minutes ago the stupid power came back on! LOL And they made an announcement over the PA that there WILL be school now since the power came back on! That's kinda stupid, not because I was a 4 day weekend LOL But because there is no guaranteed that the power will stay on, and besides I as a parent would be mad if the school tells me to come pick up my kid because there isn't school today. And when I get there they say, "Well the power came back. So there will be school after all!" Ugh! I think the teachers are more disappointed than the kids that there is school! LOL Stupid power!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I agree! That's stupid! Especially since they already were telling people there is no school...might as well just let everyone have a 4 day weekend! haha

Sue said...

LOL!!!!! I loved the 'not because it would have been a four day weekend' comment . . . ;o)

Seriously, though, that DOES suck . . . it WOULD be frustrating as a parent to get called to pick up your child, go to do that, then get told, 'oh never mind' . . . If the power had gone out AGAIN, and they got called AGAIN to come pick up their kids, you would have had alot of irate, frustrated parents on your hands . . .

So . . . Arizona has power outage days . . . kinda like the midwest has 'snow days' huh? That is funny . . . ;o)