Alexander Kai

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gabriel Ryan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Benjamin Tyler

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Blissful Sleep

Last night we decided to go to sleep earlier! Especially since Alex has been such a pain in the butt in the mornings, and refuses to walk down the stairs alone. David has been carrying him because he seriously just WONT move! So instead of bedtime at 8:30, we start his bedtime at 7:30 so he could be asleep by 8pm. Well that didn't happen as planned. We started off to a good start, and he was in bed by 8pm, but the sleeping part just wasnt as easy! LOL He decided his jammies were itchy, then he had to pee, then he needed a book read, then another book, then another drink of water, then another pee break. Then his jammies were just TOO itchy he couldnt even stay still ANY longer. Then after I changed his jammies he decided those just werent RIGHT. He couldnt even STAND to be in them for 2 seconds! So after his 3rd jammie change he decided he needed another book, and more drinks. So come 9:30pm, he FINALLY fell asleep. I told him No more water, no more potty breaks, no more books ect. He finally fell asleep! Sheesh! So then I decided I was going to sleep too,, since David managed to sleep through all of this lol. I woke up at 11:30p and SWORE I had been sleeping for HOURS and HOURS. I was THAT refreshed! lol And then was so EXCITED to see it was only 11:30! So back to sleep I went! Then again at 3am I woke up again and swore it was time to be up! LOL And again was so terribly excited to see I had 3 more hours to sleep! So come 6am, I was super awake and ready to go! LOL I love those nights! (o: Hopefully it continues! (o:

2 comments:

Natalee said...

Bed Time Routines are awesome but the actual bed time part sucks.

My kids do the SAME thing. Every night its the SAME thing. I need to go potty, I'm thirsty, My leg hurts, my back itches, I need to go potty, I'm scared. . .

Kids are exhausting. I love the nights they go RIGHT to sleep.

Sue said...

You will just get used to this blissful sleep and then you will have a NEW baby waking up every two hours to be fed . . . YAWN . . . ;o)