Alexander Kai

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gabriel Ryan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Benjamin Tyler

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ugh!

Last week we had a staff meeting about being "Active Teachers" and not to spend your time doing anything else while you should be teaching. Ok, that makes sense, why "surf" the internet while you could be teaching? Also not to get off subject and talk about things not related to the course objective. Which in all reality is kinda hard to do all day. Someone is going to get off track, and get the rest of the kids off track once in a while. But ok!

So why does the principal come into my class in the middle of my Geometry Lesson and talk to the kids about the "New" Lunch Menu? And how to throw their trash in the trash cans? Seriously couldnt this have waited until after school? Or just say something quick about it over the loud speaker? Why does she take 45 minutes away talking about something that could have been covered in seriously 5 minutes or less. Ugh ANNOYING! So I had 15 minutes to teach my lesson, and try to get the kids to work before lunch. And more than half dont understand the material, but they sure do know how to throw their lunch trays in te trash cans!

:::Ok vent over:::

PS. My kids are in their music class right now, so I'm "allowed" to surf the internet now LOL

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Haha - I especially love how you wrote this while at work (good thing you added the end part)lol. That is really annoying/ironic that the Principal came and disruptive your "active teaching!" Sounds like she needs to take that lesson too!

Sam said...

oh annoying!

Tania said...

I know! Sheesh but like I could tell her "Excuse me, could you please do this some other time? I'm actively teaching right now!" LOL

Sue said...

Those kind of 'generic' announcements are SOOOOOOO annoying!!!!!!! That kind of thing should be done over the loudspeaker to everyone at once, like at the beginning of the day, not interrupting a teacher's lesson . . . GRRRR!!!!! (I am outraged in your behalf!!)