Alexander Kai

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Gabriel Ryan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Benjamin Tyler

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Price for Life

I had a Newspaper activity with my kids. On how to read want ads, and apartment ads, and how to read a article. Anyway we were looking at the ads and one of my girls Jessica (who is normally pretty bright) found an ad for Qwest Phone Service and the advetisment said "$40, price for Life", and she was like "Mrs. Hendrickson, what does this mean?", so I explained that it means if you sign up for Qwest service your monthly charge will never change, and she got all bright red and said "Oh my gosh! Mrs.Hendrickson I'm so dumb! I read it as, 'Pay $40, and you could live forever! Oh no!" LOL I just looked at her like "Are you kidding me??" LOL She then got all embarrassed and bright red! My cute girl!

1 comment:

Sue said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be quite a bargain, huh? You would get to live FOREVER for only $40 . . . except like any self respecting phone company, there would HAVE to be some kind of a tiered service . . . for $40 you get to live forever, but you have chronic back pain the ENTIRE time . . . for $60 you can live forever, but you have a migraine headache . . . for $80 you live forever, but you have a throbbing toothache . . . for $120 you can live forever and be sweaty and hot the entire time . . . for $150 you can live forever and have icy cold feet forever . . . and . . . for the BARGAIN price of just $1200 (with 'reasonable' monthly maintenance fees of JUST '$15') you can live forever and be HEALTHY and COMFORTABLE . . . ;o)